Song of Avaria is a text-based roleplaying game that incorporates both MUD- and MUSH-like features to create a dynamic storytelling experience in an intricate and expansive fantasy world.
SoA is set in the vast land of Avaria, a roughly Earth-like world with a host of cultures and countries spanning a large globe. Geopolitics and religion mix with magic and adventure to create a realm full of possibilities, where player characters can pursue a huge range of goals limited only by their own imagination. Whether a pious priest, a bold knight of the realm, a canny entrepreneur, a climbing socialite, a studious researcher, a street thug with ambitions, or simply an ordinary peasant or citizen with dreams of something grander, Avaria offers a stage for characters to play out their own personal stories with one another against a vast backdrop of history in the making.
More information can be found on the Setting page or under the Lore links.
News of Avaria
- A Bright New Year: 1 Pavana 797, City of Omrazir: A new year has arrived, and with the close of the holy weeks of Solitary, the formerly silent streets of Omrazir are now filled with lively talk about the resoundingly stormy end to the old year... [More]
- A Hungry New Year: 1 Pavana 797, St. Loomis: Spring and a new year have come to Ensor, but in St. Loomis the slow ripening of winter-sown crops has done nothing to relieve the hunger stemming from the poor harvest of the autumn past... [More]
Introduction to the World
- 10.1.22: Added an avalanche of adverbs, because apparently there can never be enough adverbs.
- 9.29.22: Fishing rankings are here! Find your local angler's club for more information. You can SHOW OFF your fish in public and receive suitable acclaim among your fellow fisherfolk. Also, combat roundtime is now reflected properly in the prompt token 'balance_mark', and clouds will now be accounted for when considering the appearance of celestial bodies in the sky.
- 9.26.22: The Demeanor system has been added -- you can now set trust levels for people, as well as blanket attitudes towards origins, heritages, and organizations.
- 9.12.22: TELLMOTE has been added as a command, and you can use tell tags in emotes now! This draws upon the Dissembling skill and the acuity of your observers.
- 9.10.22: New APPLAUD, CLAP, NUDGE, POKE, and TSK socials added.
The original concept for Song of Avaria came about in 2016, and its adaptation as a MU* began in 2020. It is founded on the Evennia Creation System and is actively in development. Currently it is open for invitation-only pre-alpha testing.