Skip to main content.

Community

posted by Esfandiar

Esfandiar
Community 1 of 2
April 28, 2024, 2:43 a.m.

I'm just having a moment of appreciating how great this community is.

In my experience community health is a fragile thing, and general tone can go from reasonably constructive to completely toxic in the blink of an eye without attentive, engaged, and emotionally intelligent moderation.

I look forward to continuing to strive toward a maximally supportive and inclusive environment with you all. <3

April 28, 2024, 2:43 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: Community 2 of 2
April 29, 2024, 9:07 a.m.

Hopefully we will manage to maintain a nice community! But yeah, if it ever gets toxic or feels bad, we'd want to know -- and any suggestions on how to fix that kind of thing would be welcome. It's probably very easy for overtalkative staff (read: me) to say things the wrong way sometimes, and I appreciate the forgiveness and understanding that people have shown towards each other regarding comments that might be read in various ways. I just wanted to put here that even though I might be very opinionated when discussing some systems and so on, I really take no offense at people having different perspectives. For example, if someone says  "Travel takes too long and it's boring" and then I say "Travel in Avaria takes a long time because that's story too" and then they think they should probably just shut up and go away... they don't have to. I don't mind if people argue for their perspectives, in fact, I'd love to discuss ways to mitigate the awkward effects of design choices, even design choices that we might be stubborn about. So, I hope nobody feels like they just aren't allowed to have a different opinion from any admin. 

April 29, 2024, 9:07 a.m.