Skip to main content.

Discussing the Wonderworker

posted by Briddim-rhua

Briddim-rhua
Discussing the Wonderworker 1 of 1
Jan. 29, 2024, 12:55 p.m.

Date: ------- Location: In the belly of the ship the Greenest Dolphin

Below deck, Rhua and two companions discuss the object of his travels to Al-Sabiyyah; a mysterious wonderworker named Mukal-Diraj

(Briddim-rhua): Rhua settles himself on a rickety crate, and makes a holy sign over the air betwixt the three. "I am honored that you would inquire into my affairs as you have done, and your kindness will not be forgotten. I am travelling to Al-Sabiyyah in search of my master, tutor, and friend, the Great Man Mukal-Diraj. He..." Rhua looks a bit doubtful. "Was supposed to return to our province months ago. I seek him out, and pray that the worst has not befallen a man of his stature."

(Belhajj): Shuffling into the close space, Belhajj is careful to not bump his stone into any one or any thing. Slowly, very slowly, the enormous man shifts the stone higher onto his shoulder, and balancing, lowers into a squat. Close to the ground, he draws out a bit of indigo fleece, laying it carefully below him in a padded-fold, onto which he balances a point of the stone, keeping both hands on the teetering slab. Each motion and rebalance of the slab evokes a sweet singing sound from the phonolite, a tremulous choir that fills the near-space. Settled now, the massive man, shoulders hunched for the low ceiling looks a bit more at ease "What brought him to Al-Sabiyyah?" he asks, attentive gaze still down, on the sacred stone.

(Nehad): //Sorry it took me so long to get back to this!

Nehad watches Belhajj and his stone with wild curiosity before settling her gaze upon Rhua. "Wh-" She seems to ask something before Belhajj speaks- Seemingly taking the question from the diminutive woman. She pouts a little. Though she turns her attention to her tome, awaiting the answer.

(Briddim-rhua): Rhua placidly smiles at Belhajj's question, but he seems to have eyes only for the young scholar — as he speaks, he directs all his attention directly at her. "The Wonderworker is a great man, a holy man, blessed by, and held in the hand of, the Lord. His voice can make the Earth tremble, and his questions pick at the foundations of the stars. It was thus that, when he heard of the powerful words and rumbling brought forth by the prophet they call the Augur of Endings, he made rapid designs to meet with him, and survey his inner heart. I was left to care for —", and here Rhua breaks off, suddenly uncomfortable. He catches himself, and continues. "He told us that within two-month he would send word back to us of his discoveries, and he himself would be returned within the turning of five-month on the very latest. It is now seven months since we heard tell of our great Seer, and I have come in pursuit of his destines..." Rhua is troubled, but every time he looks on the scholar's face his spirits seem to rise. "Such an elevated soul as yours would do well to meet with Mukal-Diraj. Would you help me seek him out? I fear terribly for his safety, and I feel lost in such cities as I have seen during my travels..."

(Belhajj): Listening attentively, the big man tends carefully to the balance of his stone.

(GM): OOC: The scene fades to black.

Jan. 29, 2024, 12:55 p.m.