Skip to main content.

Busy hands, busy mind

posted by Fadila

Fadila
Busy hands, busy mind 1 of 1
Feb. 13, 2024, 8:33 p.m.

Fadila slowly kneads more dough for bread. "Thank the song we have enough flour." She says aloud as she shoves a finished loaf into the hearth to bake while with another she folds dough ready to go into the pan once its finished. With everyone on deck fighting the monsters or repairing the ship she's mostly alone down here, as she cannot fight worth a stick and would be useless in the battles around her. She's trying oh so hard to keep her wits about her even in the crushing despair she is experiencing.

She's mostly talking to herself as people have gone to deal with the threat so she gives voice to her thoughts aloud as her internal mind seems as busy as her hands. "Please let us all come out safe from this torment." She seems to pray over and over as her hands move.

She has a dawning idea then. She yells as she hears sporadic shouts and yelled reports to stay down in the galley. She takes this advice to heart and yells that any crew who can't fight should stay with her in the galley. She talks to herself trying to keep the feelings she is having from rising up and engulfing her in useless hysterics.

She says aloud then as if the ship or the sea or the crew coming down here who may be useful in other talents but no fighting skills emerge and join her. "I wish I could do more." "I love feeding the crew, and all the passengers." "Its my joy to feed people and see them walk away well fortified." "I wish my other skills could be as useful." "But what's a wealthy perfumer, herbalist, gardener, supposed to do?" She doesn't care if the the others around her feel she's gone mad. By her lights while she's here its her kitchen, well hers and whoever else wishes to help. But its her kitchen and if she wants to talk aloud she can by the song.

this fierce thought is followed by, "But I wish I could help more." "I feel so useless and unable to help like I wish I could." She lapses into silence then, hands still busy.

Feb. 13, 2024, 8:33 p.m.