Skip to main content.

Cohabitation Questions

posted by Zahra

Zahra
Cohabitation Questions 1 of 5
Feb. 22, 2024, 1:32 a.m.

Hello! So I haven't yet played around with this whole cohabiting business but I was finally going to get around to it and I had a question about this plot note thing.

Is there a way to send a plot note to everyone in the habitation? Or is it you just have to send to each individually even if you wanted to convey to them all the same thing?

Other Thoughts:

• I don't think this functionality currently exists, but it might be good if there was like a... "leader" of the habitation? As in the one who originally extended the invitations. And this person has the ability to kick a person out of the habitation.
  • I said "other thoughts" but then apparently I only had one thought, so I just tacked on this second bullet point to make a plural.
Feb. 22, 2024, 1:32 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: Cohabitation Questions 2 of 5
Feb. 22, 2024, 8:41 a.m.

That's a very nice second bullet point you have there. I shall also answer in bullet points.

• Plot Notes to the Whole Cohabitation: This doesn't currently exist yet, but Mistsparrow and I discussed the idea of being able to send mass plot notes to one's cohabiting friends, and we think it should be fine. We will implement it as an option. However, it's worth noting here that there's a limit on the number of people who can be cohabiting together. (The help file reads six as the limit). Even in a dormitory of hundreds of people, you'd only have a few close bunkmates who might know just how much you drooled on your pillow last night.

• Cohabitation "Leader": This idea doesn't really fit what we had in mind for cohabiting with people. Cohabitation isn't meant to be a substitute for organizations (not even small player-formed organizations). If you had a roomie, you wouldn't usually be able to just get rid of them via the implicit power of heirarchy -- you'd have to have a conversation, to evict them. For this reason, everyone in a cohabitation is equal -- there's a certain trust and plot-intimacy involved there, and the only person you have agency over is yourself (you can leave anytime). So, if you wanted to basically get rid of someone, you'd have to go to the effort of leaving, and going around to your other cohabiting friends, and getting them to come join you again. It's not supposed to be a clique, though perhaps it could be that way for some groups, and it's fine if the cohabitation ICly functions as a clique. 

• Third Bullet Point: I just like things to be in collections of three, sometimes...
Feb. 22, 2024, 8:41 a.m.
Zahra
Re: Cohabitation Questions 3 of 5
Feb. 22, 2024, 10:07 a.m.

That was a really nice third bullet point you had right there.

• Thank you for this! I was thinking of, like... you know. What if, hypothetically speaking, Bob murdered someone in the living room and just thought he should probably leave a plot note for everyone in the house to explain why the living room is now drenched in blood. Hypothetically speaking, of course. I was just thinking of sparing Bob some of the effort of having to send everyone an individual plot note concerning the mayhem.
  • So I was thinking beyond the scope of the ship to a future in where potentially... Zahra owns a house. And she's literally invited people to live with her because cost of living be wilding over there in Omrazir. And then Bob goes and murders someone in her living room. Naturally, she's now evicting Bob as he ruined her nice rug. You can't just get blood stains out of a nice, Amunati style rug, Bob. But then codedly, it sounds like I'd have to throw the whole cohabitation group out the window and then go around and individually offer the other non-murdering roommates cohabitation invitations again on the off-chance pof Bob was feeling petty and didn't leave the cohabitation on his own. This was the only reason I was thinking it might be good to have a "leader" just to represent the person who actually owns the house in the case of there is a literal house and this is representing the people living in the house rather than just an "inner circle" sort of thing while we're all having sleepovers on the ship from Hell.
  • Three is my favorite number.
Feb. 22, 2024, 10:07 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: Cohabitation Questions 4 of 5
Feb. 22, 2024, 4:24 p.m.
  • In the case of owning and sharing a house it'd be best to set up a player organization.
  • Hopefully Bob murdering someone will leave some other signs, if he wanted to leave them..(or was just sloppy in covering up his murder).
  • Your cohabitation group in the house would be maybe the person or people you shared a room with, directly. It really is more of an inner circle thing, in any living arrangements.
  • :toolbox:
Feb. 22, 2024, 4:24 p.m.
Zahra
Re: Cohabitation Questions 5 of 5
Feb. 22, 2024, 4:50 p.m.
  • Roger,
  • roger.
  • Thanks,
  • Chief!
  • :toolbox:
Feb. 22, 2024, 4:50 p.m.