Skip to main content.

To Sajek Marzani

posted by Rostam

Rostam
To Sajek Marzani 1 of 1
Jan. 31, 2024, 9:15 p.m.

Uncle Sajek,

I hope all goes well with you and Iskanda. I've enclosed a list of friendly merchants in Omrazir, and hope that you may trade upon my good name to breed some business contacts. Note Sayyid Yashin Tal - I assisted him with some thugs who were trying to coerce protection payment, and he may well be willing to offer you reasonable rates. He trades in dates, and other imports and exports.

I've heard of trouble brewing along the border of Izial, and pray that your caravans remain safe. If you require me to come home to help tend the sharper end of our family interests, you know that I am only a journey away. Speaking of trouble, I am returning to al-Sabiyyah for the first time since my posting there, sailing aboard The Greenest Dolphin, which will leave port soon. I may stay in al-Sabiyyah and take on some work, or travel on to Noura, where I hear the great troublemaker himself - the Augur of Endings - still resides. Whenever a man begins to preach the end of times, a soldier-for-hire will likely find employment.

Your counsel in matters of business is always welcome. Perhaps this will be the year I finally found 'Marzani's Professionals' and become a businessman like yourself, Uncle. Perhaps I shall have to steal my sister away from you to tend my books! Hah!

Please send my love to Iskanda. Tell her that I pray three times daily, and think of her each noon prayer.

Your Attentive Nephew,

Rostam Marzani

Jan. 31, 2024, 9:15 p.m.