Skip to main content.

A Note for a Lovesick Shipwitch

posted by Zahra

Zahra
A Note for a Lovesick Shipwitch 1 of 1
Feb. 8, 2024, 5:38 p.m.

Clearly unwilling to pay a member of the crew the three dirham demanded to deliver a note privately to Owais the Shipwitch, the contents of Zahra al-Dhahab's letter to the young man has no doubt become the subject of some gossip aboard The Greenest Dolphin -- though perhaps a disappointing bit of gossip given the lack of return poetry or declarations of undying love to the fellow.

Written in a flowing albeit precise script, that letter reads:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Owais,

Though I have missed your company quite terribly, I was glad to hear you survived the storm. I knew you would, though. Of course. You are ever-resourceful. I do hope you will seek me out when your work might allow for it, though, as I have some things I should like to discuss with you which will -- with any luck -- not be the talk of the ship for weeks to follow.

But I fear I need you for a favor right now. That person who... threw the loaf of bread at you? There is a concerned party who has yet to see this person since the storm and they are worried something has happened. Have you seen them? Do you know if they survived? This concerned party wishes to ensure their continued safety and is willing to pay for their passage.

Please continue to stay safe and come find me soon,

Zahra

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb. 8, 2024, 5:38 p.m.