Skip to main content.

Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say.

posted by Rawiya

Rawiya
Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say. 1 of 6
June 1, 2024, 12:41 a.m.

Hey guys,

I just found this game through a friend and pretty much begged the staff to try it out. No, actually, I just asked and they let me in. Get ready for the crazy? Just kidding.

I usually don't write these posts because my anxiety ramps up to a bazillion, but I thought I'd give it a shot since trying new things is great and all.

I hope all of you are doing well. I like to write and I have fun doing it. I am visually impaired and the accessability on the website is amazing, as well as me getting to play with the web client if I wanted to. That psyched me out totally.

I'm a little busier than I would like, so you may see my character around most like in the evenings or when I feel a little more comfortable, but don't worry, I've read the blurb about what happened so I am willing to jump in with both feet and be all, 'heal thyself.'

I also tend to ramble when I'm excited about things, so this is my rambly phase. I apologize for cursing your eye balls with my nonsense.

Alright, I'll stop typing now, but I can't wait to read replies!

June 1, 2024, 12:41 a.m.
Esfandiar
Re: Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say. 2 of 6
June 1, 2024, 2:36 a.m.

Welcome ashore, as Rakim said and I'm shamelessly appropriating!

It's a bit of a transitional period for us and many people have odd schedules at the moment. There are a lot of tools for asynchronous communication as well, both IC and OOC. Make sure to read the help on sending IG mail (HELP MAIL) and setting up Cutscenes (probably HELP CUTSCENE lol you'll find it) if you are trying to ICly get in touch with someone you don't see IG often. You can even set up public cutscenes open to whoever wants to join.

Glad to have you with us!

June 1, 2024, 2:36 a.m.
Inaya
Re: Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say. 3 of 6
June 1, 2024, 3:15 a.m.

Yes, welcome! Happy to have you with us :) No apologies needed, we love a good ramble - I'd venture to say most of us have at least a touch of anxiety, so we know the feeling of diving in and being dead scared! Don't hesitate to use gamehelp or oocwhispers to ask for any help you might need, everyone is super lovely and accommodating always. Looking forward to seeing you around in game!

June 1, 2024, 3:15 a.m.
Ighlaf
Re: Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say. 4 of 6
June 1, 2024, 3:41 a.m.

Welcome!

June 1, 2024, 3:41 a.m.
Yasin
Re: Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say. 5 of 6
June 1, 2024, 3:53 p.m.

Welcome welcome welcome! As pof Inaya said, I think most of us are a little anxious and also a little rambly (or at least, I am), so come on in whenever you feel comfortable. A lot of us do have odd schedules at the moment but evenings (well, western hemisphere at least!) tend to be the hot spots. But as pof Esfandiar said there's also lots of fun ways to participate via cutscenes, organize time oocly with other players via oocmail, and communicate asynchronously in-game as well.

Looking forward to seeing you in-game!

June 1, 2024, 3:53 p.m.
Rawiya
Re: Hi! Or Ahoy! as someone would say. 6 of 6
June 1, 2024, 6:19 p.m.

Hi,

Thank you for all the lovely replies.

I love the fact that you can do cut scenes and still have fun with a character even if they are not online at that very moment. I did see cut scenes on the website, but I wasn't sure what those were for.

I am on a bit of a wonkey schedule now, so if anyone wants to start a scene with me and I'm not here, just IC ping me or something. I may have a lot of questions since I only delved into Avinia once and I still didn't know how it worked. It's a totally new codebase for me.

As for anxiety? Yes, hello me. I will try not to make it too awkward. I usually am the quiet girl who will kind of never insert herself in scenes unless like I'm super comfortable, and even then, it's more, let's just watch and see how this goes. Though I need to get over that eventually because you guys seem like a lovely bunch of people.

I am looking forward to playing with y'all.

And thank you for all the welcomes. It's super appreciated. :)

June 1, 2024, 6:19 p.m.