* Four new plants added: Adelantean mossweed, northern holly, dandelions, and snowdrops.
* Several bug fixes and adjustments made to horticulture abilities.
* You can now forage for plants! While a plant can only be found in the wild in its own growable climate, you can attempt to grow plants outside their native habitats in your garden. However, they will most likely die as they attempt to grow. (There's a chance each tick.)
* A plant whose roots have all been harvested will die some time after.
* HERALDING A NEW YEAR WITH THE DUNGEONMAKER SYSTEM! (Check the DungeonMaker Guide on the wiki for more information.)
* Refined ranges to define different layers of accumulated precipitation, and made it so ships do not show any accumulated precipitation on board.
* Added SWAB DECK command and refined ship crewmate behavior.
* Changed the skill name 'blowdarts' to 'blowguns'.
* Added the ACCUSE command, and tightened up NPC personality variance regarding witnessing criminal acts. For instance, a criminal NPC will never call the guards and accuse another criminal, even if the crime is against their own self. Guards should now properly come when they hear a shout for help.
* Added the town green pond to Plew-on-Sea. This can be swum in during the warmer months of the year, and skated on in the winter!
* Turned off GMCP (temporarily, maybe -- it's causing webclient issues).
* You should now dry off a little quicker, in order to make up for increased levels of drenched-ness!
* Finished building the Via Maris in Omrazir from the intersection with the Via Magna to the Maysa Gate.
* Mobile view for cutscenes and forums on the website made neater. Light GMCP support has been added for mudlet players, default UI package coming eventually.
* Earning titles from groups of virtual NPCs will now enable you to have specialty abilities. For (currently nonexistent) example: if you travelled to Riendu and participating in a brawling club and won their championship, you may gain a few abilities related to locally-practiced martial arts. There is at least one coded in as of now, but they should be secret surprises. Life events have been instituted which can also grant you special abilities: these will mostly be added by staff through the course of stories, but some happen automatically. Currently existing example: if you have survived a bite from a zsimik in the past, you will have immunity to their venom.
* Swaddled babies will not codedly defecate or vomit. You can RP that they do if you like, or if you want random messes to clean up, you can RP that they don't like being swaddled.
* Drowning or nearly-drowning will now cause a long-term effect of water building up in the lungs, which will make breathing difficult.
* The SUCTION special ability has been added to the repertoire of an educated medical professional, allowing the withdrawal of blood or fluid built up in the lungs.
* The ADMINISTER ability is now added to the First Aid skill, so that healers can administer antidotes to patients who are unconscious or asleep.
* Cutscenes now have an optional interior narration that one can add to their posts, much like the think/feel/remember command.
* Anyone who has a metal object and a lit fire nearby can now cauterize another person's bleeding wound. This works much like stitching, but it can cause the victim to faint, and it causes immediate burn scarring.
* The REVIVE and RESUSCITATE commands are now available for those who have the requisite skill in first aid.
* You can now use a tourniquet when trying to stop someone's bleeding. When a tourniquet is on a body part, wounds on that part will not properly heal, so it's still important to get the bleeding wound properly stitched at some point. Leaving a tourniquet on for over 24 hours will also begin the development of a worsening pressure bruise. Things that will work as tourniquets should include bandages, any kind of cloth, belts, and ropes.
* Cutscenes have been updated in a few noticeable ways. All cutscene logs will be automatically saved, and now there is an easy button to click on logs to unsave them so that they can expire. You can now properly edit the first post of a cutscene. Some of the aesthetics on the cutscene detail have been slightly edited. And lastly, there is no longer a length limitation on exposition for the cutscene description.
* Some rewrites to the library system include: a way to set a research narrative, a timer on doing research that varies according to your skill roll, and the necessity for published works to be approved before becoming available in libraries.
* A library system is now in place, along with rankings for scholarly sorts who publish at those libraries. While anyone might have a personal library composed of works that they have put into shelves themselves, the formal library system requires a group of scholars for upkeep. The PUBLISH, RESEARCH, and REVIEW abilities have been added as special abilities for those who have levels in both Education and Investigation skills. You can make copies of raw research or published works at libraries as well. Read HELP RESEARCH for more information.
* It is now more difficult to stop your fall on a continuing slope, the steeper the slope is. Climbing has become more difficult in general as previously its ease was boosted by a blunt measure of strength - but that boost is now more dependent on fatigue and encumbrance as well. Remember to assess exits while climbing so you know how steep they are (measured in the difficulty of the climb).
* Dreams can now be added from the website. (On your character profile, check 'Story Overview' and there will be a button on the lower left for adding a new 'experience', which can be a dream, vision, or hallucination.)
* A few bugs with dreams have been fixed, principle of which was the inability to properly add dreams to developments in one's personal story.
* Dreams are now split into three types: Dreams, Hallucinations, and Visions. Visions can be had any time, while hallucinations are triggered by hallucinating (on opium, or other such substances).
* The crafting cottage in the Faded Zone has been updated with a back room, where a mentor can be found to teach crafting skills.
* Opium is again available for purchase in the Faded Zone's den, and mortars and pestles at the kindly toolbox.
* DISSEMBLE has been changed to DISMANTLE when it comes to the dissassembly of tents and other impermanent shelters, and the DISSEMBLING skill now has explanatory lessons written for it.
* When asking an NPC to teach a lesson, the NPC will double check with you if you haven't got the experience to learn it.
* Herbalism and foraging can be practiced alone if outdoors or in the right environment.
* Dice have been added. Use the TOSS verb to play with them!
* You may now challenge people to an Omraziri street-dice game called Kholabi's Eyes. (PLAY KHOLABI'S EYES WITH OPPONENT)
* Added an avalanche of adverbs, because apparently there can never be enough adverbs.
* REM now works as an alias of REMOVE.
* There is a new instruction log in the Guide section of the website, with a colorful log example of catching and roasting a fish.
* Fishing rankings are here! Find your local angler's club for more information. You can SHOW OFF your fish in public and receive suitable acclaim among your fellow fisherfolk.
* Combat roundtime is now reflected properly in the prompt token 'balance_mark'.
* Clouds will now be accounted for when considering the appearance of celestial bodies in the sky.
* Demeanor system added -- you can set trust levels for people, as well as blanket attitudes towards origins, heritages, and organizations. Read HELP TRUST or DEMEANOR for more information.