Skip to main content.

Language Tags

posted by Esfandiar

Esfandiar
Language Tags 1 of 5
March 28, 2024, 10:41 p.m.

A couple of request along similar lines:

1) Could we possibly have the option to see a language tag every time someone speaks instead of just occasionally? I can't even keep track of what language I'm speaking without having it in my prompt, I certainly can't track what anyone else is speaking, but it is sometimes quite important, contextually, to know this.

2) Could book pages come with language tags as well (perhaps only if we know the language, like with speech)? As far as I can tell there is no way to know what langauge a piece of writing is in unless it happens to be the one language in which you are/not fluent.

Thanks

March 28, 2024, 10:41 p.m.
Sitra
Re: Language Tags 2 of 5
March 28, 2024, 10:52 p.m.

On the second matter, you can analyze something written and it should show you what language it's written in. If you have the 'analyze' ability.

March 28, 2024, 10:52 p.m.
Esfandiar
Re: Language Tags 3 of 5
March 28, 2024, 11:09 p.m.

I do not have that ability. :(

But my character knows multiple languages, so it stands to reason he can tell the difference between them. Otherwise his life would be even more confusing than that of all the other hapless passengers on the Greenest Dolphin!

March 28, 2024, 11:09 p.m.
Inaya
Re: Language Tags 4 of 5
March 28, 2024, 11:10 p.m.

I'm in agreement with Esfandiar - because many of us do not have this ability (analyze), and I feel it should probably not take 4 in education (or whatever the gate is, I'm just guessing here lol, is it education? Investigation? Heck if I know) just to tell what language something's written in! The other clues that analyze gives, absolutely are appropriate to leave gated behind the ability. But just knowing which language it is... should be very, very obvious, just as it should be very, very obvious with speech, I feel. I'm also in support of the option for constant language tagging, would absolutely love this feature.

March 28, 2024, 11:10 p.m.
Ariziya
Re: Language Tags 5 of 5
March 29, 2024, 1:58 a.m.

Same. I like to show off switch a lot and it's so hard to keep track of what other people are speaking.

Maybe abbreviated instead of the full name otherwise? Then I could highlight client-side too.

March 29, 2024, 1:58 a.m.